Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Satisfication tastes like this

I couldn't give tuition again this week. Partly, I admit, is due to my laziness. Bedok is really very far from where I work. So, I actually msged the sisters of the two kids. I actually had a pleasant surprise when I asked the results from one of them.

People who don't get the picture: I am tutoring two kids from low income families. One Primary 3, one Primary 5. I charge affordably within a range that is definitely comfortable to them. I really think I should help those who are less fortunate than me. I mean if they can't afford private tuition and they really need it, why shouldn't I help them if it's within my means?

So, this Primary 3 kid. I just got to know him this year. He's very small and cute and I was inspecting the length of his eyelashes that day and it's like bloody long. Haha, I bet I sound like a paedophile. He is very quiet and very well-behaved. He will also do all the work I give him. But he does not get the lame jokes that I make. He will give me a puzzled face and I will have to say"OH, never mind!". Haha. I am actually really impressed with his siblings. They are in Anglican High and Temasek Secondary. I think to myself when I find out: Gosh, what good kids. They can actually still study and work hard in that kind of environment. I say that as their small flat is also rented out to a bunch of people.

The Primary 5 kid was actually my tutee when I was in TJ. Well, I guess he has a mind of his own now. He doesn't do his work and when I force him to do his work, he gives me sloppiness. A few weeks ago, I gave him a huge scolding and threatened to stop giving him tuition. He started crying and apologised. I must admit, the purpose of me scolding him is to get him to cry and will therefore remember this incident forever. So that he will never give me sloppy work or incomplete work. I am so BLOODY mean. Guess what, he started ignoring or glaring at me in subsequent lessons. OMG! This is the kind of treatment I get when I just want the best for him.

Well, I asked the sister of the Primary 3 kid his mid year results. You cannot imagine my delight when I heard he got 99 marks for Maths, 80plus for Science and 70plus for English!!! His results last year was like Band 3 for English and Band 2 for Maths. Muahahaha. I feel so darn happy for him. So this is what satisfaction is like. OMG! sorry, just felt like saying that. Muahahaha.

The primary 5 kid, i have no idea. No news from him.

YEAH! What a great day if I didn't get pissed off again. Since I am in such a good mood, I will now not be so mean to that guy.
:)

No comments: